Baking low and slow is the secret to these fall off the bone oven baked ribs.
Some may people have the impression that ribs are one of those dishes that should be left to the “BBQ Pitmasters”, that just not the case. These ribs are so quick to prep and easy to make!
I suggest you prep these ribs, turn up your radio, open a beer and relax with your family and friends until these delicious ribs are done!
Beth's Fall Off The Bone Ribs
· Preheat oven to 250°
· Prep your ribs by removing the membrane on the back (*see below)
· Season your ribs with a dry rub, (Beth’s Banging Rib Rub is my favorite! See below)
· Place ribs in large disposable pan (Who needs the mess?)
· Fill the bottom of the pan with apple juice
· Cover tightly with aluminum foil
· Cook for 4 hours (Kick up your feet, enjoy your peeps)
· Remove from over
· Time to throw them on a hot grill for 15 minutes, make sure you slather on your favorite BBQ sauce. Make sure the BBQ sauce caramelizes.
· Remove from heat and share these fall off the bone ribs with your family and friends on this Memorial Day weekend!
Beth’s Banging Rib Rub
2 Tsp Garlic powder
1 Tsp Black pepper
1 Tsp Kosher salt, coarse
1 Tsp Mustard, dry
1 Tbsp Brown sugar
1 Tsp Cayenne, powder
1 Tsp Chili powder
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Cumin
*For the most tender ribs I remove the thin membrane covering the rack. The ribs are become a little tough when cooked with the membrane. Since everyone loves ribs that literally falls off the bone, the membrane must go!
Thank you to all of our military personnel for the sacrificies you've made for our freedom. Forever grateful!